Tuesday, March 30, 2010





First off big thanks to Andre for helping out with it! Here is my first CD cover. I ran into issues, and tried what I could to make it my own since it was based off a scene/screen cap from the movie Metropolis.


In the end, my friend was staying with me, watched me paint it, and be all zoomed 600% n shit, and then was like..."so thats a CD cover huh? Isnt it only going to be like this big?" *hand gesture to approximately the size of a cd cover* I zoomed out and was like "Awww shit!" live and learn. I could have gestured in a lot of the detail, and just spent time on the important parts. Plus all the parts I wanted to concentrate on, you wont even see. There is always next time.

Note: Looking at the two, the composition and contrast is so much greater in the movie. Damn...I should have had this up as reference more....

2 comments:

  1. Thats pretty awesome Justin. Is this for a band you know or was it just for fun?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Jon, I know one of the members of the band. I think they are trying to get into the warped tour right now or something. They are called "Tora Tora Tora" and local!

    ReplyDelete